Basic Guidelines For Writing In SpanishREAD THIS ARTICLE
1The insulting of a monarch or other ruler; treason.‘the Shah would whip him for his lese-majesty’
- ‘The junta used lese-majesty as an excuse to stage the military coup that toppled Thaksin Shinawatra's government.’
- ‘Others were charged with offences including lese-majesty or destruction of property.’
- ‘Counter-charges of lese-majesty were filed against Prime Minister Thaksin.’
- ‘They committed towards me the crime of lese-majesty.’
- 1.1Presumptuous or disrespectful behaviour.‘he responded to the lese-majesty of the young man with an arctic stare’
Late Middle English from French lèse-majesté, from Latin laesa majestas ‘injured sovereignty’.