Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A basic lexical unit of a language consisting of one word or several words, the elements of which do not separately convey the meaning of the whole.
- ‘On this account, the word based theories posit that lexical relations in Semitic languages are linked to derivations involving lexemes and morphemes.’
- ‘Linguists might call the monster on the ice-floes a floating signifier, a lexeme whose meaning varies contextually.’
- ‘The resulting semantico-functional variant of a lexeme performs a different function in speech.’
- ‘Therefore, high imageability words will easily and uniquely access their corresponding lexemes.’
- ‘This may be a consequence of abnormally rapid decay of lexemes in the phonological output lexicon.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips