1The state of having a sufficient or considerable amount of natural light.‘the glass adds lightness to the room’
- ‘the lightness of the internal spaces’
2The quality of being pale in color.‘the lightness of my skin’
- ‘the lightness of her silky hair’
1The quality of having little weight.
- ‘you can have the strength of steel with the lightness of aluminum’
2Lack of density, thickness, or richness.‘the lightness of the material makes them perfect for warm weather’
- ‘I love the lightness of tempura batter’
3Lack of pressure, force, or heaviness of movement.
- ‘the lightness of bow on strings’
- 3.1The quality of being gentle or delicate in style.‘he lacked lightness of touch in his designs’
- ‘the lightness of her approach remains unique’
4The quality of requiring little mental effort; lack of depth or seriousness.
- ‘the lightness of the dialogue made it frivolous’
- 4.1The quality of being cheerful.‘a charm and lightness of heart’
- ‘there was a lightness of mood on the streets’
- 4.2The quality of being easily borne or done.
- ‘none objected to the lightness of the sentence’