Basic Guidelines For Writing In SpanishREAD THIS ARTICLE
nounLimeysNorth American, Australian informal, derogatory
A British person.
- ‘Well done especially to the Limeys, whose robot sub cut the Russian submersible free from the wires that had trapped it.’
- ‘Some used lime juice which explains why English sailors are called Limeys.’
- ‘Kuschka was called a turncoat, a Limey, an English-lover and several names that are too ugly to repeat.’
- ‘I could see the Limeys weren't in a mood to share - information, I mean.’
- ‘The latter incident turned out differently than my paternal flyboy expected with the Limeys turned their guns toward the annoying Americans.’