1A particular place or position.
position, place, situation, site, locality, locale, spot, whereabouts, point, placementView synonyms
- ‘the property is set in a convenient location’
- 1.1mass noun The action of placing or situating someone or something.
- ‘the location of new housing beyond the existing built-up areas’
- 1.2A position or address in computer memory.
2An actual place or natural setting in which a film or broadcast is made, as distinct from a simulation in a studio.
- ‘the movie was filmed entirely on location’
3(in Kenya) an administrative district forming a subdivision of a division.
- ‘the new chief is a long-time resident of the location’
Late 16th century from Latin locatio(n-), from the verb locare (see locate).