Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Each of a number of small separate cavities, especially in an ovary; a locule.
- ‘No vascular tissue was present in the septum, which forms a partition in the pod cavity between the two loculi.’
- ‘In early stages, septa in cardinal quadrants fully dilated; septa in cardinal quadrants less dilated, locally separated by moderately wide interseptal loculi.’
- ‘Lacking an extensive vacuolization phase, meiocytes of the same tetrads stay together until the anther opens and the loculus reduces and disappears.’
- ‘In the earliest stage available, septa in the cardinal quadrants form an uninterrupted septal stereozone; those of the counter quadrants are also heavily dilated, leaving very narrow interseptal loculi.’
- ‘In maize, the stomium is located at the meeting point of the two loculi that make up each half anther.’
Mid 19th century from Latin, ‘compartment’, diminutive of locus ‘place’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips