Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
A single piece of type that prints a word or group of separate letters.
- 1.1A single piece of type that prints a logo or emblem.
- 1.2A logo.‘Gurus like Wally Olins preached the value of making your strategy visible through symbols, logotypes, colors and typefaces.’
- ‘An embossed logotype of the manufacturer is glued to each module.’
- ‘She had already been revamped several times since her birth as a logotype in 1914.’
- ‘Instead of a conventional graphic logotype, the emblem is simply the legend ‘Fair Trade ‘hand-lettered and underlined.’’
- ‘The picture appears to be meant as a sort of logotype to identify the kind of information included in the oval, although usually the value added by the picture is minimal at best.’
Early 19th century from Greek logos ‘word’+ type.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips