Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
(in Scotland) any of the judges of the Outer House of the Court of Session.
- ‘The Outer House consists of 24 Lords Ordinary sitting alone or, in certain cases, with a civil jury.’
- ‘The Parliament Hall was the court - room of Outer House, and there each week in his turn a Lord Ordinary sat as a judge of first instance, occupying the sovereign's throne.’
- ‘The reclaiming motion was allowed and the interlocutor of the Lord Ordinary recalled.’
- ‘The appellants now seek to have the interlocutors of the Lord Ordinary restored.’
- ‘The Lords Ordinary last sat in the hall in 1844, though Parliament House is still a venue where counsel and solicitors confer informally.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips