Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
(in the UK) the cabinet minister presiding at the Privy Council.
- ‘As Lord President of the Council in 1925-9 he was a strong supporter of the concept of dominion status, and the Statute of Westminster of 1931 owed much to his inspiration.’
- ‘He served under Prime Minister Churchill as Lord President of the Council and died a few weeks after he left the post in October 1940.’
- ‘He was also Lord Privy Seal and Lord President of the Council for most of the period 1957-64.’
- ‘It all started with the first baronet, who was Lord President of the Council and a most distinguished judge.’
- ‘The holder of the Office of Lord President of the Council acts as Presiding officer of the Privy Council.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips