- ‘m twice; two d’
in combination Meta-
7in combination (in units of measurement) milli-
- ‘100 mA’
- ‘$5 m’
10(in Germany) mark; marks.
12(in prescriptions) mix.
- ‘E = mc²’
1The thirteenth letter of the alphabet.See also em‘I'm 30 and have had the exact same problem for many years -- and only just recently realized dilemma has two M's and no N.’
- ‘Remember, his name has two M's in it.’
- 1.1Denoting the next after L in a set of items, categories, etc.
2The Roman numeral for 1,000.‘The Roman numerals C and M sometimes did not mean 100 or 1000 (see hundred).’
- ‘What number equals the Roman numeral M?’
3MA shape like that of a capital M.‘But on that way we got to see a lot of little shops and finally the big golden M and Julius got his burger (of which he only ate half).’
- ‘Examples of trademarked items are the names "Coke," "Coca-cola," "McDonald's," the McDonald's golden M logo, stuff like that.’
8Medium (as a clothes size).
9in combination (in units of measurement) mega-
- ‘8 Mbytes of memory’
Messier (catalog of nebulae)
- ‘the galaxy M33’
(with reference to solutions) molar.
- ‘0.15 M NaCl solution’
- ‘M Chirac’
15Money, when used with a following numeral in measures of money supply.
- ‘broad money, M3, grew by an annualized 9.7%’