The chemical element of atomic number 12, a silver-white metal of the alkaline earth series. It is used to make strong lightweight alloys, and is also used in flash bulbs and pyrotechnics, as it burns with a brilliant white flame.
- ‘Calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and zinc are the major minerals that make up bones.’
- ‘This fruit is also rich in other mineral elements such as calcium, iron and magnesium.’
- ‘Generally, magnesium, potassium, and sulfur do not need to be added to swine diets.’
- ‘Calcium and magnesium in water create hard water, and high levels can clog pipes.’
- ‘Calcium and magnesium are among the most abundant elements on earth, so they are imbibed as drinking water and as milk.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips