Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A region around a magnetic material or a moving electric charge within which the force of magnetism acts.
- ‘Electrons produce a small magnetic field as they spin and orbit the nucleus of an atom.’
- ‘Sunspots are whirling masses of electrically charged gas formed by magnetic fields deep within the Sun.’
- ‘Similarly, if you move a magnet near a wire, the magnetic field will cause electrons in the wire to move.’
- ‘The spin of an electron generates a tiny magnetic field along the particle's spin axis.’
- ‘The magnetic fields acted together with gravitational forces to keep the atoms trapped.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips