Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
1A chief railroad line.‘the crash blocked traffic on the main line’
- ‘a main-line station’
- 1.1North American A chief road or street.main route, trunk route, main road, trunk road, main line, trunk line, high road, highway
2informal A principal vein as a site for a drug injection.
transitive verb[with object]informal
Inject (a drug) intravenously.
- ‘Mariella mainlines cocaine five times a day’
- ‘he started mainlining on heroin’
- ‘Her performance electrifies the story of the model who died of the virus she probably picked up by mainlining heroin.’
- ‘It begins with the great detective, Sherlock Holmes, mainlining on a 7% solution of cocaine.’
- ‘She had mainlined morphine, but never more than 10 cc.’
- ‘Today, d-Meth is the most popular type in the U.S. and is the most potent, has far less side effects and does not need to be mainlined.’
- ‘Percodan is similar to codeine but is usually mainlined.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips