Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
1technical Covered with rounded protuberances.
- ‘There are three scales of excrement, mammillated areas and larger and smaller ellipsoids.’
- ‘The egg has a thick, mammillated outer shell that contributes to the parasite's resistance.’
- ‘The tubercles are mammillated and the surrounding areas apparently are granulated.’
- ‘Unfertilized eggs are usually more oval, and may have a pronounced mammillated coat or an extremely minimal mammillated layer.’
- ‘Figure 1 shows one central mamillated area, bordered by parts of two other ones.’
- 1.1(of a mineral) mamillary.‘This would point to the mammillated appearance being caused by a certain amount of attrition on the rough, pointed, matrix gold.’
Mid 18th century from mamilla + the adjectival suffix -ated.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips