Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
An establishment which arranges introductions between people who want to get married.
- ‘She was running a marriage bureau when she met the father of her son, David.’
- ‘The mobile service is designed to bring the marriage bureau to the doorstep of the customer.’
- ‘In tune with the times, he also launched an online marriage bureau with a list of 10,000 brides and grooms.’
- ‘In the middle decades of the twentieth century, the local tennis club (often linked to a church) was the next best thing to a marriage bureau!’
- ‘For many bachelors, the social scene was a theatre of humiliation and the marriage bureau was a welcome outlet.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips