Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A project initiated in 1937 to study and record the social habits and opinions of ordinary people in Britain.
- ‘He came to Bolton in the 1930s and took mass observation images of ordinary people going about their everyday business in the town.’
- ‘The programme began life in 1993 as an experimental television and archive project for BBC TWO, inspired by a mass observation project of the 1930s.’
- ‘This paper re-uses qualitative data collected by Mass Observation which asks about the social class identities of correspondents of its directives in two different points in time, 1948 and 1990.’
- ‘The Mass Observation movement in the inter-war period changed the ways in which the lives of ordinary people were represented.’
- ‘A new Mass Observation started in 1981 and they are currently recruiting for male writers aged 16 to 44 living in the North to take part.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips