Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
An apparatus for measuring the masses of isotopes, molecules, and molecular fragments by ionizing them and determining their trajectories in electric and magnetic fields.
- ‘The gas chromatograph separates the substances present, and then each substance is broken into molecular fragments by the mass spectrometer.’
- ‘It may even carry an instrument like a mass spectrometer to measure material ejected from impact.’
- ‘The emitted isotopes are focussed through a mass spectrometer and measured.’
- ‘An onboard mass spectrometer will then measure the levels of the different isotopes given off at each stage of the baking process.’
- ‘Time-of-flight mass spectrometers measure the time it takes for each ion to reach the detector because heavier ions travel more slowly than lighter ions.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips