Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A mother (often used as a respectful form of address for a woman).
- ‘He introduced the dignitaries to the mammoth crowd one by one, each of them rising from their seats to acknowledge the audience and to bow to the Mata.’
- ‘Mama Mata feared they might not live much longer.’
- ‘Mama Mata's presents to her cousin and nephew were given to demonstrate her attachment to them and to incur obligation.’
- ‘The inspiration for it was his mother, who believes all Goddesses are different shapes of the same Mata.’
- ‘I prayed to Surya, the Sun God, and to Durga Mata, the Holy Mother.’
Via Hindi from Sanskrit mātā ‘mother’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips