Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The Ndebele people collectively, particularly those of Zimbabwe.
- ‘Today it is the Matabele in Zimbabwe who are particularly suffering.’
- ‘There is no love lost between the Matabele and the other major tribe.’
- ‘The Matabeles are an off-shoot of the once mighty Zulus who conquered most of southern Africa in the early 19th Century.’
- ‘The southern section of Rhodesia was home to the Zulu-descended Matabeles, while the north was home to their traditional enemies, the Mashona.’
- ‘In 1888 he was instrumental in gaining British authority over Matabeleland and Mashonaland through the Moffat Treaty with the Matabele.’
From Sotho matebele, singular letebele, the name given to this people.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips