Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A witness whose evidence is likely to be sufficiently important to influence the outcome of a trial.
- ‘Elements of both crimes are clearly demonstrated in the declarations of the material witnesses.’
- ‘A federal district court judge says the Justice Department may not jail material witnesses indefinitely.’
- ‘A person who was eyewitness to an event can be a material witness.’
- ‘Justice officials insist that more than half of the detained material witnesses have ended up in criminal prosecutions.’
- ‘However at that time, the police, who were the only material witnesses in the case, were still in Castries.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips