Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
1The introduction of machines or automatic devices into a process, activity, or place.‘with the increasing mechanization of agriculture, far fewer farmers are raising donkeys’
- ‘the long decline of coal jobs has been stoked by mechanization’
- 1.1The process of supplying a military force with modern weapons and vehicles.‘the mechanization of war made possible killing on a scale never foreseen’
- ‘the letters and pictures form part of an exhibition at the museum charting the history of the British Army's mechanization’
- 1.2The action or process of making something mechanical in character.
- ‘both characters are portrayed by Dickens as complicit in the mechanization of human beings’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips