Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A sense organ or cell that responds to mechanical stimuli such as touch or sound.
- ‘Pacinian corpuscles, or pressure receptors, are the largest peripheral mechanoreceptors in mammals.’
- ‘Prey appear to be detected primarily by mechanoreceptors.’
- ‘The threshold loading test stimulates mechanoreceptors in respiratory muscles.’
- ‘The filling of the stomach also activates the reflex, presumably through the action of gastric mechanoreceptors.’
- ‘This excites neurosensory mechanoreceptors in the wall of the esophagus.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips