Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A unit of data size or (when expressed per second) network speed, equal to one million or (strictly) 1,048,576 bits.
- ‘It is one of the most spectrally efficient mobile data technologies on the market, promising a peak speed of 2.4 megabits / second in just 1.25 MHz of spectrum.’
- ‘The company claims speeds of 100 megabits per second - the same as today's fast Ethernet, and with a software upgrade, 1 gigabit per second is possible.’
- ‘Both offer almost the same data speeds with 8 megabits per second as a maximum.’
- ‘This allows for theoretical speeds of 54 megabits a second, although the real rate is always less than that, for a variety of reasons.’
- ‘Wireless networks today have a top speed of just over 50 megabits per second (Mbps).’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips