Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The second stage of cell division, between prophase and anaphase, during which the chromosomes become attached to the spindle fibers.
- ‘The events in this stage of the cell cycle leading to cell division are prophase, metaphase, anaphase and telophase.’
- ‘The most direct way to assess chromosomal aneuploidy is to evaluate chromosome numbers in metaphase cells.’
- ‘Chromosome loss takes place by lagging of chromosomes at metaphase, for example because spindle fibres may fail to attach to a chromosome.’
- ‘These tests score either chromosomal structural aberrations at metaphase or micronuclei at interphase.’
- ‘The problem is greatest at mitotic metaphase, when chromosomes are shortest and neighboring signals are thus closest.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips