Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Microscopic interstitial animals living in the soil.
- ‘In other words, much of metazoan evolution was cryptic, bound up in tiny animals devoid of skeletons and perhaps surviving as interstitial benthic microfauna.’
- ‘It is formed from decaying plant roots, leaves, etc. deposited at the surface, and the remains of microflora and microfauna living in the soil.’
- ‘Diverse crop species encourage soil microfauna, which can help reduce soilborne plant diseases.’
- ‘Nematodes and other microfauna help boost soil fertility by accelerating decomposition and decay, recycling the nutrients and making them available to plants.’
- ‘Unlike the fusulinides, lagenides survived both the end-Guadalupian and end-Permian mass extinctions to become dominant elements of the Mesozoic calcareous benthic microfauna.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips