Basic Guidelines For Spanish PronunciationsREAD THIS ARTICLE
A set of short repeated DNA sequences at a particular locus on a chromosome, which vary in number in different individuals and so can be used for genetic fingerprinting.
- ‘Thereafter, the DNA sequence of some microsatellites was determined to resolve the following ambiguities.’
- ‘There are also two dinucleotide microsatellites and one mononucleotide microsatellite, all in the first intron.’
- ‘Defects in mismatch repair genes lead to variations in the length of microsatellites, known as microsatellite instability.’
- ‘The heteromorphic microsatellite within the Tk1 gene was amplified.’
- ‘In total, variability at 205 microsatellites was studied on the third and the X chromosome.’