A Russian fighter aircraft made by the MiG company.‘a MiG-15’
- ‘The UEAF Jackal fighters somewhat resembled Russian MiGs in that their wings angled forward instead of back.’
- ‘They are replete with the squadron posters and plaques of all the NATO fighter squadrons that have engaged the MiGs in air combat training since 1994.’
- ‘The MiG - 29 is the most modern of the Russian MiGs.’
- ‘We kept two in Korea and although bounced by MiGs many times, we never lost one to the fighters.’
- ‘The initial batch of Chinese MiGs was delivered to Unlimited Aircraft Ltd. at Chino Airport in 1986.’
1940s from the initial letters of the surnames of A. I. Mikoyan and M. I. Gurevich (Soviet aircraft designers), linked by Russian i ‘and’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips