nountreated as plural
1The majority of people, regarded as favoring firm moral standards.
- ‘smokers are often made to feel like social outcasts by the moral majority’
- 1.1Moral MajorityA political action group formed in the United States in the 1970s to further a conservative and religious agenda, including the allowance of prayer in schools and strict laws against abortion.‘He is another Catholic who was a part of the Moral Majority at the beginning.’
- ‘The Moral Majority kicks off with a pro-life, pro-traditional family, pro-national defense and pro-Israel platform.’
- ‘During the Summer, Falwell's support of Reagan gained high visibility for his Moral Majority movement that had been formed the previous year.’
- ‘He led the Moral Majority, which made abortion a major issue, and claimed credit for electing President Ronald Reagan.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips