Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
1The activity of bringing up a child as a mother.
- ‘he claimed his ex-wife was guilty of bad mothering’
- 1.1Kind and protective care.
- ‘all you need is a little mothering’
1Relating to or characteristic of a mother, especially in being caring, protective, and kind.
- ‘your maternal, natural mothering instincts will kick in’
- 1.1Relating to the activity of bringing up a child as a mother.
- ‘sometimes I doubt my mothering abilities’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips