Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A soft shade of blue, especially in fine textiles.
- ‘No detail was too small for Eugénie, who went so far as to make Marie Antoinette's favorite color - Nattier blue - her own personal favorite, incorporating it whenever possible into her clothing and interior design.’
- ‘One of the prettiest coats worn for many a year was of Nattier blue faille lined with rose-pink; a dainty blonde American looked simply charming in this coat.’
- ‘She walked the red carpet in a vintage Nattier blue chiffon evening gown inspired by the gown originally designed by Oleg Cassini for Jacqueline Kennedy.’
- ‘He slipped a Parma violet bolero over a Nattier blue jewel-neck top with a Nile green skirt, added a mango sash and created a composition as pleasing as an Impressionist painting.’
- ‘He also originated this model which makes striking use of gold embroidered black net over Nattier blue net, with Nattier blue ribbon and pink roses.’
Early 20th century a colour much used by Jean-Marc Nattier (1685–1766), French painter.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips