Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A hormone (such as vasopressin or norepinephrine) produced by nerve cells and secreted into the circulation.
- ‘B-type natriuretic peptide is a neurohormone secreted from the cardiac ventricles in response to ventricular stretch and pressure overload.’
- ‘The endorphins function as inhibitory neurotransmitters and neurohormones: they are released from nerve cells to act on other cells that bear opioid receptors and thus dampen the activity of those cells.’
- ‘The conceptual basis of progressive left ventricular dysfunction has now turned to neurohormones such as norepinephrine, angiotensin and aldosterone.’
- ‘Serum levels of atrial natriuretic peptide, brain natriuretic peptide, norepinephrine and other neurohormones are elevated in patients with heart failure.’
- ‘Recent studies have revealed a correlation between prognosis in heart failure and plasma levels of such neurohormones as endothelin, norepinephrine and renin, among others.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips