Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Used to express disappointment that something has not happened or is unlikely to happen.
- ‘A few years earlier, he would've had no such luck.’
- ‘As with the last few mornings, after getting up I crept around the corner of the stairs, hoping to see a large chair-shaped parcel sitting in the hall, but no such luck.’
- ‘I had planned to sleep, I tried to sleep but no such luck.’
- ‘Well, would that I could spin the world backwards, but no such luck.’
- ‘The people who have to carry this policy out have no such luck.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips