Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
1Christmas, especially as a refrain in carols and on Christmas cards.
Christmas, Christmastime, Christmastide, festive season
- ‘So this Noel, a trip to the City's business district may well pay off.’
- ‘Since I have a little space left, Id like to wish each of you a Merry Christmas, Joyous Noel, Happy Hanukkah, and especially a Happy New Year.’
- ‘Catherine and I, with all our family, wish you a ‘Joyous Noel’ and a peaceful and happy New Year.’
- ‘Have a joyous Noel, all of you!’
- ‘Joyous Noel!’
- ‘This document contains the words and free sheet music to the traditional Christmas carol, The First Noel; the carol dates back many centuries and was first officially published in the early 1800's.’
- 1.1A Christmas carol.‘at Christmas the club sang noels at the crib’
Early 19th century French Noël, based on Latin natalis (see natal).
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips