Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
An order of shell-less marine molluscs which comprises the sea slugs.
Order Nudibranchia, class Gastropoda
- ‘Of the four major sub-orders of Nudibranchia, at least two (Dentronotidae, and Doridae) include examples of swimming species.’
- ‘There have been behavioral or cellular level physiological studies of swimming in Aplysia, Clione and Limacina, Dendronotus, Hexabranchus, Melibe and Tritonia (Nudibranchia).’
- ‘The phylogenies of some orders of opisthobranchs (Anaspidea and Nudibranchia) based on partial sequences of nuclear 18S rRNA and mitochondrial rrnS, rrnL, and cox1 genes were also published recently.’
- ‘However, it should be noted that as with Nudibranchia, there are members of Notaspidea that do not swim and others with different modes of swimming locomotion, such as parapodial waves (not shown).’
- ‘The order Pleurobranchoidea was located within Nudibranchia, rendering the latter paraphyletic (opisthobranch intrarelationships will be further analyzed elsewhere).’
Modern Latin (plural), from Latin nudus ‘nude’ + branchia.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips