Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The number above the line in a vulgar fraction showing how many of the parts indicated by the denominator are taken, for example, 2 in 2/3.
- ‘To convert a fraction to a percentage, divide the numerator by the denominator.’
- ‘In other words, a number is rational if we can write it as a fraction where the numerator and denominator are both integers.’
- ‘We stop when the fraction has a numerator or a denominator of 1.’
- ‘If you calculate the divergence for different species of plants, you find that both the numerator and the denominator are usually Fibonacci numbers.’
- ‘From this we observe that the rows of numerators and denominators of the terms in the Stern-Brocot tree are computed independently of each other.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips