Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The kernel of a nut, typically edible.
- ‘The very desirable nut meat is sweet, oily, and high in protein.’
- ‘Maybe chocolate cherries will one day be a possible piece for inclusion, or a new chocolate nut meat chocolate-covered hazelnuts, perhaps.’
- ‘The newer varieties produce what are called ‘papershell’ pecans - a thin shell you can break with your fingers and that contains nut meat much larger than that from native trees.’
- ‘During the process two things happen: the shell is stained a mottled shade of brown by the husk, and the nut meat develops a deeper, more complex flavor.’
- ‘The rich nut meats that do get harvested are used in making my favorite ice cream, in commercial baking, candy production, and in direct retail sales.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips