Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Jaundice resulting from blockage of the bile ducts or abnormal retention of bile in the liver.
- ‘In his paper ‘Observations on Jaundice,’ he described fatty pale stools in obstructive jaundice due to pancreatic disease.’
- ‘Because the tumor showed extraductal extension, the common hepatic duct was mildly stenotic without causing obstructive jaundice.’
- ‘Two thirds of pancreatic cancers develop in the head of the pancreas, and most patients present with progressive, obstructive jaundice with dark urine and pale stools.’
- ‘A 66-year-old man had a laparotomy for obstructive jaundice due to a malignant mass.’
- ‘The patient was a 74-year-old man admitted to the hospital with complaints of progressive obstructive jaundice and a 5-kg weight loss.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips