Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Small pieces of ear-shaped pasta.
- ‘In a second pot of boiling water, cook 1/2 pound orecchiette or other small pasta and salt to taste.’
- ‘In the south, smaller pasta such as fusilli or orecchiette are common, as is ziti (long tubular pasta, often broken into pieces for baked dishes).’
- ‘Boil a pan of orecchiette (little ears, which collect the little bits of the sauce) or cappellini (angel hair pasta, which wraps itself around the florets) and cook the broccoli until just tender.’
- ‘Primi might include orecchiette (hat-shaped pasta) con broccoli or penne con sgombro affumicato e radicchio (with smoked mackerel and Treviso radicchio).’
- ‘And it was - making a delicious, light sauce to toss with orecchiette pasta.’
Italian, literally ‘little ears’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips