Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
1An apparatus for oxygenating the blood.
- ‘These solutions included, in addition to the artificial kidney, Europe's first blood bank, oxygenators and an artificial heart.’
- ‘The blood remaining in the oxygenator and the tubing set was drained into blood collection bags and was retransfused gradually in the operating room.’
- ‘Patients consequently developed fatal immune reactions from pyrogens that had not been removed properly from the oxygenators.’
- ‘Her body was rewarmed by means of an extracorporeal membrane oxygenator.’
- ‘We coated our tissue heart valves and oxygenators used in heart surgery with coatings we obtained from the outside.’
- 1.1An aquatic plant that enriches the surrounding water with oxygen, especially in a pond or aquarium.
- ‘Green algae do not cause off-flavors, and they play a significant role as a base for aquatic food chains and as oxygenators for pond water.’
- ‘A few plants, called oxygenators, grow completely submerged.’
- ‘To achieve this balance, you'll need to include oxygenators (plants whose root systems actually add oxygen to the water) and floating plants, which keep the growth of algae in check by shading the surface.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips