Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A layer in the earth's stratosphere at an altitude of about 10 km (6.2 miles) containing a high concentration of ozone, which absorbs most of the ultraviolet radiation reaching the earth from the sun.
- ‘In the absence of the ozone layer harmful ultraviolet radiation is able to reach the surface of the Earth in higher doses.’
- ‘The ozone layer is extremely important as it strongly absorbs the ultraviolet radiation from the Sun.’
- ‘It is possible that the increase in carbon dioxide will saturate the earth's oceans, causing damage to the ozone layer.’
- ‘Every Antarctic spring, a hole appears over Antarctica in the stratospheric ozone layer.’
- ‘The hole in the ozone layer was discovered by British scientists in Antarctica working on atmospheric physics.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips