Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
1End up; conclude.
turn out, work out, conclude, end, end up, result, come out, fall out, develop, evolveView synonyms
- ‘he's happy with the way the deal panned out’
- 1.1Turn out well.
succeed, be successful, work, turn out well, work outView synonyms
- ‘Harold's idea had been a good one even if it hadn't panned out’
2(of gravel) yield gold when washed in a pan.‘They can keep the gold they pan out as souvenirs of modest value, plus get a certificate, a medal and perhaps a bag of local cookies or a bottle of schnapps as a trophy.’
- ‘Not all the prospects pan out, but occasionally an owner will strike gold.’
- ‘Feel the rush as you pan out a real nugget of gold.’
- ‘Instead of panning out gold, several would be prospectors panned out pyrope garnet.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips