Basic Guidelines For Writing In SpanishREAD THIS ARTICLE
A solution or remedy for all difficulties or diseases; a panacea.
universal cure, cure-all, cure for all ills, universal remedy, sovereign remedy, heal-all, nostrum, elixir, wonder drug, perfect solution, magic formula, magic bullet
- ‘It is used by some as Panpharmacon, but what Diseases it will absolutely cure I think is scarcely determined.’
- ‘The Outsides of their Pots were Gilded with the Titles of Preservatives, Cordials, and Panpharmacons.’
- ‘The divine Isaac Barrow resorted to this panpharmacon whenever he wished to collect his thoughts.’
- ‘Ginseng is cried up as a kind of panpharmacon against all sorts of distempers, especially of the venereal kind.’
- ‘He was of a healthy constitution, very fond of tobacco, which he used to call his panpharmacon.’
Mid 17th century from pan- + Greek pharmakon ‘drug’.