A book bound in stiff paper or flexible cardboard.
book, volume, hardback, paperback, title, work, tome, opus, treatise, manual, register, almanac, yearbook, compendium
- ‘the shelves were stacked with well-thumbed paperbacks’
(of a book) bound in stiff paper or flexible cardboard.
- ‘the paperback edition of her biography’
- in paperback
In an edition bound in stiff paper or flexible cardboard.‘the novel is now available in paperback’
- ‘This set him off on the idea of publishing literature in paperback, making it available cheaply and widely.’
- ‘This week's book review was published this year in paperback after its initial publication in hard cover last year.’
- ‘First published in hardback in 2003, the book is now available in paperback.’
- ‘Let's hope for a quicker-to-read, smaller and cheaper reprinting in paperback.’
- ‘This book was published in hard back in November 1998 and is coming out in paperback in January 2000.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips