Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A synthetic compound used as a drug to relieve and reduce fever, usually taken in tablet form; acetaminophen.
- ‘Inflammation can be reduced with ibuprofen tablets and paracetamol can help to relieve any pain.’
- ‘Take painkillers such as paracetamol or ibuprofen if you have a fever or headache, and gargle with aspirin to help relieve a sore throat.’
- ‘You will usually be given pain relief such as paracetamol or codeine tablets to help ease your discomfort.’
- ‘Codeine is a stronger pain killer that is sometimes combined with paracetamol or used alone if other pain killers are not suitable.’
- ‘For children, paracetamol is better than aspirin, which doctors do not recommend.’
1950s from par(a-)acet(yl)am(inophen)ol.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips