Basic Guidelines For Writing In SpanishREAD THIS ARTICLE
nounparacetamol, paracetamolsmass nounBritish
A synthetic compound used as a drug to relieve and reduce fever, usually taken in tablet form.
Alternative name: para-acetylaminophenol; chemical formula: C₈H₉NO₂
- ‘Inflammation can be reduced with ibuprofen tablets and paracetamol can help to relieve any pain.’
- ‘Take painkillers such as paracetamol or ibuprofen if you have a fever or headache, and gargle with aspirin to help relieve a sore throat.’
- ‘You will usually be given pain relief such as paracetamol or codeine tablets to help ease your discomfort.’
- ‘Codeine is a stronger pain killer that is sometimes combined with paracetamol or used alone if other pain killers are not suitable.’
- ‘For children, paracetamol is better than aspirin, which doctors do not recommend.’
1950s from par(a-)acet(yl)am(inophen)ol.