What Is The Origin Of "Sleep Tight"?
Seemingly absurd or self-contradictory.‘by glorifying the acts of violence they achieve the paradoxical effect of making them trivial’
contradictory, self-contradictory, inconsistent, incongruous, anomalous, conflictingView synonyms
- ‘Both appear to have a paradoxical effect of either increasing or decreasing the stress response.’
- ‘It would be paradoxical to advocate an inquiry into inquiries, but we can begin to see criteria that will make them more likely to succeed.’
- ‘It is also about the paradoxical tension between human freedom and divine providence.’
- ‘In the end his interest in ‘ordinary’ life accompanies a paradoxical despair about change.’
- ‘The paradoxical truth is that nothing is more unpopular with the public than the pursuit of the public interest.’