Basic Guidelines For Spanish PronunciationsREAD THIS ARTICLE
A protein found in the blood only as a result of cancer or other disease.
- ‘Efforts to eradicate or reduce the inhibitor titer in this patient were not successful despite the use of plasmapheresis to control the paraprotein.’
- ‘Three years after chemotherapy, the Hodgkin disease was in remission, while the paraprotein persisted.’
- ‘We present a case of a 48-year-old woman with a history of autoimmune hemolytic anemia and Graves disease who presented with hepatosplenomegaly and a gamma-heavy-chain paraprotein.’
- ‘An endogenous paraprotein was not detected by immunofixation electrophoresis.’
- ‘It does not appear to be a classic heterophile antibody, nor is it a paraprotein.’