1A talisman or magical object, typically disc-shaped and inscribed with a pentagram, used as a symbol of the element of earth.
- ‘When I looked, I was holding a medallion that consisted of a pentacle - the symbol of my faith - within a circle and triangle - the symbol of recovery.’
- ‘I wear a pentacle everyday as a symbol of protection and of my faith.’
- ‘Everything from pentacles and talismans to cloaks and incense can be found here at very reasonable prices!’
- ‘The next piece of advice I have is: If you're going to wear a pentacle or any kind of symbol of who you are, don't change your behavior in any way.’
- ‘Slowly, the masses are being educated through entertainment that the pentacle is merely a symbol that was likewise ‘corrupted’.’
- ‘Moving and reshaping two elements simultaneously required a pentacle; this he drew in the air with a finger.’
- ‘A five-pointed star, the pentagram or pentacle, sometimes has magical and occult associations.’
- ‘All were of inverted crosses, pentacles and other strange symbols.’
- ‘For instance, when I was at a dance recital the director asked me to take off my necklace (which had a pentacle on it) because we shouldn't have jewelry on.’
- ‘To say I'm freaked out is an understatement, but as soon as I left a small drawing of a pentacle in the sand, the other Pagan respectfully stayed away from my area.’
- ‘I wouldn't think of waving my blade about in a crowded mall, but my pentacle is also a tool for focus, as well as one meant for protection, and I carry it everywhere.’
- ‘It was then I noticed the pentacle around his neck.’
- ‘All too often, it seems, people think that when they put on a pentacle, read a few books and put on some black clothes, that somehow they become Witches.’
- ‘Wear your pentacle with pride if that's what you want to do, but please be prepared for the questions and comments that are bound to come from somewhere.’
- ‘If we keep speaking out when a movie falsely uses a pentacle or a talk show falsely references a Wiccan term, there is a chance for a better and brighter tomorrow!’
- ‘They've seen me wearing my pentacle, and they've seen the books I carry around, but I think they choose to look the other way.’
- ‘He mused, eyeing for the first time, the pentacle around my neck.’
- ‘It is not right when a person assumes you're a Satanist because you wear a pentacle.’
- ‘When I go to school it is with a cross and a pentacle around my neck.’
- ‘A year ago I had saw him at the carnival and he had asked about my pentacle.’
- 1.1A pentagram.
- 1.2pentaclesOne of the suits in some tarot packs, corresponding to coins in others.‘On the Two of Pentacles we see a young man dancing as he juggles his worldly concerns.’‘The 10 of Pentacles is one of the most auspicious cards in the Tarot deck, besides World.’
Late 16th century from medieval Latin pentaculum, apparently based on Greek penta- ‘five’.
Are You Learning Spanish? See Our Spanish Content Below!