Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Inflammation of the peritoneum, typically caused by bacterial infection either via the blood or after rupture of an abdominal organ.
- ‘Patients who have cirrhosis with ascites are prone to spontaneous bacterial peritonitis.’
- ‘The diagnosis of spontaneous bacterial peritonitis heralds advanced liver disease.’
- ‘Spontaneous bacterial peritonitis is a common complication of cirrhosis, with high mortality.’
- ‘At one time or another, he indicated that he had high blood pressure, peritonitis, and gastritis.’
- ‘In tuberculous peritonitis, the peritoneum is studded with multiple yellow-white tubercles.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips