Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A rank of non-commissioned officer in the navy, above leading seaman or seaman and below chief petty officer.
- ‘GPS is a significant advancement, but without ECDIS-N, a petty officer would read the GPS position, go to a chart and plot the position, then figure out where the ship is in relationship to the planned inertial movement of the ship.’
- ‘Arnold was a petty officer with the British navy and spent his early war years on convoy duty off the British coast, then in the North African and Pacific campaigns, and later with British Commonwealth occupation force in Japan.’
- ‘Ernest Perez, a 12-year Navy veteran who separated from the service as a petty officer first class, works as a civilian on the base.’
- ‘Layfield was recognized for his outstanding duty as leading petty officer aboard USS Kitty Hawk.’
- ‘That qualified me to enter the Navy as a third class petty officer and I am enjoying the opportunity to work on this staff.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips