A condition in which a fibrous region forms in the erectile tissue of the penis, causing pain and curvature during erection.
- ‘Fractures are possible when erect, and it's possible that abuse could lead to the scar tissue that causes Peyronie's disease, a painful condition marked by severe curvature of the penis.’
- ‘Peyronie's disease occurs when fibrous tissue forms on one side of the penis.’
- ‘Pain that occurs while obtaining an erection may be associated with inflammation of the foreskin, trauma to the penis, infections, genital allergies, or Peyronie's disease.’
- ‘Histologically, Peyronie's disease causes inflammation that results in collagen deposition and the formation of fibrous plaques.’
- ‘Surgery is only considered if you've had Peyronie's disease for a year or more and it hasn't progressed for at least three months.’
Early 20th century named after F. de la Peyronie (1678–1747), French physician.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips